Architype is seeking to recruit talented new staff for a range of architectural and technical roles, including:
- BIM Information Managers (junior and experienced) to support our cutting edge IM and CDE work
- Architectural technologists, building physicists or technically minded architects to work on Passivhaus and Embodied Carbon analysis
- Part 1 architectural students
Architype has an open and collaborative ethos with a common purpose – to deliver fantastic architecture that performs exactly as predicted. We have steadily grown over the last 35 years and are now a team of 55+ collaborating across three offices in Edinburgh, Hereford and London.
Architype has a rich history of pioneering low carbon design and a clear focus on how buildings work for people and the planet. We design a wide range of buildings across the education, university, housing, community and cultural sectors. Our consultancy service PERFORM+ enables us to offer insight and cutting edge technical expertise to clients.
Working culture at Architype is creative and caring. We work in a collaborative and supportive way that encourages fresh ideas and career progression, and we support flexible working for all. Architype is regularly featured in the top 5 of Building’s Employer of the Year. We are 30% owned by the staff through an Employee Benefit Trust and are committed to becoming 100% employee owned in the future.
You would be expected to work remotely from home currently, but would be fully supported and integrated into our collaborative team culture and would be linked to any of our three offices in Edinburgh, Hereford or London.
- Salary dependent on experience within Architype’s salary banding system
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 37.5 hour week – with flexible working
- Pension benefits of 3% employer contribution and access to a company health scheme
- Opportunity to join an Employee Owned practice committed to employee training and development
- Opportunity to work with a team who care about people and the planet
Architype is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and staff engagement forums, to support staff from different backgrounds.
Job descriptions can be obtained on request. To respond to this exciting opportunity, send a 300 word statement to email@example.com, setting out what you would bring to Architype, along with your CV and a brief portfolio (max size 5mB).
Please state in the subject line of your email, your preferred office ‘base’ and the job role you are interested in.
These posts will initially be offered as one year contracts with the option of further extension.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 31stJuly 2020. The interview dates will be via VC and will be in the weeks of 3rdand 10thAugust 2020
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are sorry we cannot respond to all applications, so if you do not hear from us after the interview date aboveplease assume that you have been unsuccessful.