Following the launch of our consultancy service PERFORM+ and a growing range of exciting architectural projects, Architype is seeking to recruit talented new staff for all three of our offices – in Edinburgh, Hereford and London.
We are seeking exceptional designers and experienced technical staff, with a commitment to genuine sustainability, including:
- Qualified architects, part 1s or part 2s with a range of experience
- A BIM manager to oversee BIM management across the practice (with 3 to 8 years experience)
- Architectural technologists or technically minded architects to work across projects and in our PERFORM+ consultancy
- Certified Passivhaus Designers (CEPH)
Architype has an open and collaborative ethos with a common purpose – to deliver fantastic architecture that performs exactly as predicted. We have steadily grown over the last 35 years and are now a team of 55+ collaborating across three offices in Edinburgh, Hereford and London.
Architype has a rich history of pioneering low carbon design and a clear focus on how buildings work for people and the planet. We masterplan and design a wide range of buildings across the education, university, housing, community and cultural sectors. Our consultancy service PERFORM+ enables us to offer insight and cutting edge technical expertise to clients.
Working culture at Architype is creative and caring. We work in a collaborative and supportive way that encourages fresh ideas and career progression, and we support flexible working for all. Architype is a great employer, regularly featuring in the top 5 of Building’s Employer of the Year. We are 30% owned by the staff through an Employee Benefit Trust and are committed to becoming 100% employee owned in the future. Architype is an equal opportunities employer.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 37.5 hour week – flexible working possible
- Pension benefits of 3% employer contribution and access to a company health scheme
- Opportunity to join an Employee Owned practice committed to employee training and development
- Opportunity to work with a team who care about people and the planet
To respond to this exciting opportunity, send a 300 word statement to email@example.com, setting out what you would bring to Architype, along with your CV and a brief portfolio (max size 5mB).
Please state in the subject line of your email, your preferred office location and job role you are interested in.
These posts will be initially offered as one year contracts with the option of further extension.
Deadline for applications 10th November. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applications, so if you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Note that all applications will be treated in accordance with our GDPR policy. For more information, please click here.