Business Development & Marketing Coordinator
2-3 years professional experience
We are an architectural practice operating across 3 offices in London, Hereford and Edinburgh.
Founded in 1984, we have a rich history of pioneering sustainable and inclusive design projects and nationally celebrated award winning buildings and communities.
We are a leading practice in the field of sustainable architecture; a distinguishing expertise which gives our practice a real edge in the market. In more recent years we have expanded our knowledge and expertise in areas of building performance research and consultancy.
We operate under an Employee Ownership model. Currently with a 30% shareholding, and with an commitment to be 100% in the future.
Working culture at Architype is very important. We work in a collaborative and supportive way that encourages creativity and fresh ideas.
We have been shortlisted for AJ100 Employer of the Year for the past 3 years and won the Building Magazine Employer of the Year in 2016 – another accolade which we have been shortlisted for numerous times.
At Architype, we consider individual career progression symbiotic with the evolution of the practice and are committed to putting our people at the forefront of our business plan.
About the role
Who we are looking for
A fantastic opportunity for a confident and competent Marketing person with an aspiration to build more experience in the area of client relationships and Business Development.
The role of Business Development & Marketing Coordinator is new for the practice and will be a truly dynamic role as part of a highly motivated and supportive team.
The appointment comes at a time of significant change in the Business Development team, so a great time to join and help shape the role and the team.
Working in our vibrant central London office, you will play a key role in energising our Business Development strategy for the London team, creating marketing and PR content to support London office projects, and supporting the London team in the acquisition of new work.
You must strike a good balance between being a confident self-starter and a committed team player. You will need be a good all-rounder as a Marketeer; able to communicate confidently across a variety of platforms; from written to visual and verbal.
You will be at ease with working outside of the office, attending events and broadening your network.
You need to be able to thrive in a busy working environment, with deadlines being commonplace.
Good organisational skills are essential, with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with precision at any one time.
A creative interest in what we do is important.
Experience in the tasks listed in the job responsibilities are desirable but not essential. Primarily, we are looking for a committed and dynamic person, and are willing to train and support you in areas of the job that you may have less experience in.
(Please note, desireable and essential qualities)
- You will work closely with the Head of Business Development and the Director of the London office to implement the new strategy for Business Development within the London office (Desirable)
- You will create momentum across the whole London team in client and lead development (Desirable)
- You will track and report client and lead development in the London office (Desirable)
- You will input and provide support for our cloud-based CRM system (Desirable)
- You will assist in organising London events (Desirable)
- You will attend networking and insight events of interest in London, building intelligence and contacts (Desirable)
- You will attend regular cross-office meetings with the Business Development team (Desirable)
Marketing & PR Activities
- You will be responsible for creating/co-creating written and visual marketing content for London office projects and practice promotions. (Essential – You must be competent in copywriting skills.)
- Coordinating photography/film for London office (Desirable)
- Assembling award entries for London office projects (Desirable)
- Supporting the whole team in our management of our visual assets. (web based software) (Desirable)
Winning new work
- You will understand the process of tendering for new work and be able to support the whole team in bidding for new work as necessary. This can mean coordinating bids, writing bid content and assembling the presentaion of the bid. (Essential)
- You will be able to provide insight, support and guidance to the London team for new work interviews. (Desirable)
- You will be a confident proof reader and be able to support the business development team with reviewing and critiquing bids. (Essential)
How to apply
- Your CV outlining experince and achievements
- A covering letter telling us why you are interested and what you think that you can bring to the role
Submissions deadline, Wednesday 7th February (midnight)
- in the subject field of your email you state which vacancy you are applying for – ie. “Business Development & Marketing Coordinator, London”
- For an informal discussion about the role to answer any questions, please contact Jessica Taylor on 01981 542111
Please also note, due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be able to contact successful applicants. Applications will be reviewed and notified ahead of the Christmas break. Please take a moment to review our Privacy Notice for Applicants at: https://www.architype.co.uk/contact/#join-our-team Architype is an Equal Opportunities Employer.