Architype are seeking new staff who share our passion for high quality design, to join our expanding team delivering a growing portfolio of projects across the whole of the UK. As the UK’s leading Passivhaus Architect, recently awarded Education Architect of the Year, and highly commended in the AJ100 Practice of the Year, Architype offers exceptional opportunities to be involved in projects at the cutting edge of zero carbon and sustainability.
Our approach is inclusive and collaborative.
We are looking for the following roles for all of our geographical locations:
- Architect: Click here for the job description
- Part 2: Click here for the job description
- Part 1: Click here for the job description
Architype has an open and collaborative ethos with a common purpose – to deliver fantastic architecture that performs exactly as predicted. We have steadily grown over the last 35 years and are now a team of 70+ collaborating across three offices in Edinburgh, Hereford and London.
Architype has a rich history of pioneering low carbon design and a clear focus on how buildings work for people and the planet. We masterplan and design a wide range of buildings across the education, university, housing, community and cultural sectors. Our consultancy service PERFORM+ enables us to offer insight and cutting-edge technical expertise to clients.
Working culture at Architype is creative and caring. We work in a collaborative and supportive way that encourages fresh ideas and career progression, and we support flexible working for all.
Architype is regularly featured in the top 5 of Building’s Employer of the Year. We are 30% owned by the staff through an Employee Benefit Trust and are committed to becoming 100% employee owned in the future.
Due to the COVID pandemic, Architype staff are currently not office based until at least Autumn 2021. You would be expected to work remotely from home but would be fully supported and integrated into our collaborative team culture and would be linked to any of our three offices in Edinburgh, Hereford or London. You do not need to be resident in these three specific places but it would be useful if you were based in one of these general regions: West of England/Wales, Scotland, Greater London/South East.
- Competitive Salary which is aligned to the annual RIBA salary bandings survey
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 37.5 hour week – flexible working possible
- Pension benefits of 3% employer contribution and access to a company health scheme
- Opportunity to join an Employee Owned practice committed to employee training and development
- Opportunity to work with a team who care about people and the planet
Architype is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and staff engagement forums, to support staff from different backgrounds.
Please can we ask that you complete our equality and diversity monitoring form, please click on the link below:
To apply please:
- Send a 300 word statement, setting out how you meet the criteria in the job specification along with your CV and a brief portfolio (max size 5mB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: You must state, in the subject line of your email, your preferred office location (Edinburgh/ Hereford / London), and the job role you are interested in (Architect / Part 2 / Part 1). Without this information in the subject heading we will be unable to sift your application correctly and it may be missed.
These posts will initially be offered as one-year contracts with the option of further extension.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 21st May 2021. The interview will be via VC dates to be confirmed.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are sorry we cannot respond to all applications, so if you do not hear from us after the interview date above please assume that you have been unsuccessful.